patience...

I wrote about Penny Elizabeth Neal’s work a little while ago, and once Penny’s shop re-opened on Etsy, I purchased this lovely collage...
Photo by sparrowsalvage
Photo by sparrowsalvage

Here is the description of it from Penny:
Men and Women wonder... 

An original paper collage 'exquisite corpse' poem, made from strips of found text from a 1940s encyclopaedia set and sticky taped on vintage book paper. The theme in this poem is the landscape of science and human thought, how sometimes the answers aren’t found by hunting and analyzing, but by sitting still and listening. 

I choose sticky tape rather than glue for these poems because I wanted to evoke a feverish, amateur feeling- as if someone had patched the poem together in some mystical revelation rather than methodical artistry. I wanted a Close Encounters moment.
And this is what it looks like on my mantle.

And what it looks like when the votives are all lit up, creating a small altar to mother nature and patience...