heath ceramics:
designing and making good things for good people

The glamorous Edith Heath (shown above) founded Heath Ceramics in 1948, when she was 37 years old. Since then, Heath has been inspiring many a designer and ceramist, consistently producing high quality, handmade, durable, unique products.

I have to admit that I have the Heath Ceramics book on my night-stand near my bed. I am hoping its success will affect me through osmosis.

I am touched by Heath Ceramics’ mission and values:
“We thoughtfully make, gather, and sell enduring objects that enhance the way people eat, live, and connect.
We are a passionately creative, design-led manufacturer, who, among other things, strives to impact peoples’ relationship with the things they buy. Weaving together our stores’ collective offerings, you’ll find the common threads of holistic design and integrated manufacturing. This close-knit relationship between designing and making not only creates wonderfully sound objects, but also, ones that close the gap between intention and outcome.”
Even though it is an over 60-year old company, under new leadership, Heath is very relevant to the topics being discussed today. Their emphasis is on handmade, sustainable US manufacturing. They support local craftspeople and promote high quality of living wages for artists. Check out their newly launched website: heathceramics.com.