thoughts on ny gift fair

I went to the NY Gift Fair feeling like a kid on her first day of school: nervous, excited, a little scared. The first thing that greeted me when I emerged in the new beautiful northern wing of the Javits was my booth. It was right up front. I immediately felt lucky, and my nervousness abated. The show’s organizers were amazing, giving extra press to new exhibitors, for which I am extremely grateful.

Then I met my vendor neighbors, and I calmed down even more. I was surrounded by experienced, talented, and extremely nice artists, who make a living on their talents and are generous about sharing their knowledge. The five days flew by, some days were great selling days, some were a bit more quiet. I spoke to a number of wonderful buyers and press, who were very positive about my work. Many amazing stores across the country placed orders, and I am excited to share them with you as soon as the orders ship. It will take me until the end of October to get everything completed.

It's a really good feeling to put so much effort into something, and having it work out. I accomplished what I set out to do: take my ceramics to a broader audience. It's an exciting time, and I am so grateful for all your support and encouragement. Thank you!